What Is Personal Information?
Personal information is just that – personal. It’s all the little details about yourself that tell us who you are – like where you’re from, and what sort of business you’re doing with PushCam. We only collect what’s reasonably necessary to assist you and run our business. Mainly we collect names, contact details, purchase records, payment details, info about use of our services, correspondence, and other info you might choose to share with us.
Why Do you need my details?
We collect your personal info to better assist you with our products and services. And when better understand your requirements, we can provide you with the best possible solution.
How Do you collect my info?
There are various instances where we collect your details, such as:
•When you purchase products directly from us – including the online store.
• When you subscribe to our online services.
• When you register as a member of PushCam and use your PushCam account (including wishlists, product registrations and reviews)
• When you subscribe to our consumer or business e-newsletters and respond to links in those communications.
• When you participate in a competition, promotion, event, or any other activity we’ve got going on.
• When you make a warranty claim on a product.
• When you apply for a job with us. If you do this, we might also collect other relevant information from third party sources, like referees
• When you get in touch with any inquiries, comments or complaints
• When you browse our website. We do this by using cookies to track your activity on the site – unless you turn this off on your browser
• When you transact or communicate with us on behalf of a business.
How Do you use my info?
There’s a few ways we use your personal info. It helps us to:
• Supply products and services
• Provide information and training
• Manage our commercial relationships
• Promote our brand – and figure out the best ways to market it
• Improve our products and services, as well as how we communicate with the public
• Tailor our products, services and marketing to your individual needs
• Manage our business as best as possible
• Obey the law (that one’s especially important).
We’ll only use your personal info for direct marketing purposes when we’re permitted to under the Privacy Act 1988 – the same way we’ll only send you emails for commercial reasons when it’s in accordance with the Spam Act 2003. And if you’re not interested, you can opt out at any time by unsubscribing from emails or contacting our Privacy Officer.
Keeping it under lock and key.
We know how important it is to keep your details secure. And that’s why we have a whole range of processes in place to protect that information, including:
• Using secure servers and other appropriate measures to protect electronic data
• Making sure only the necessary PushCam employees have access to your info – using internal access policies, physical access restrictions, network structures, passwords, access tracking and more
• Ensuring any credit card payments to the PushCamStore are made through a secure gateway service.
And when your details aren’t needed anymore, we’ll always make sure they’re destroyed, deleted or de-identified.
Who Do you share my info with?
We may need to share your details with some of our providers – like companies that provide us with IT and delivery services. Some of these companies are likely to be based overseas. But don’t worry. Because we’ll only ever disclose what is necessary for them to do their job – and all of these parties are contractually obliged to keep your details safe.
We’ll only share your personal details, or any images provided by you, publicly if that’s what you intended or agreed to. This could be:
• User contributions to the PushCam website, like product reviews
• If you’ve given us permission to share your info with an integrated third party service, like a social media platform.
Where Can I get in touch about my info?
You have rights to access info we hold about you – and to ask us to correct these details if they’re wrong. All you need to do is get in touch with our Privacy Officer on email@example.com . You can also get in touch with them if you have any complaints about how we’ve handled your information. They’ll investigate for you – and respond in writing as quickly as possible.